TOXNews and TOXNotes
Your Toxicologist. Your Trusted Testing Partner.
What are TOXNotes?
TOXNotes are technical papers written by our team of Toxicologists on assays, procedures and strategies developed at MB Research Labs. TOXNotes highlight innovations in Alternatives to Animal Testing, and Novel advancements in Toxicological techniques.
- August 2017 - 10th World Congress on Alternatives and Animal Use in the Life Sciences - MB Research Representatives presented key scientific posters on the development of in vitro and alternative toxicology methods..
- March 2017 - We are back in Baltimore, MD for the 56th Annual Meeting of the Society of Toxicology and TOXExpo. MB Research Representatives presented scientific posters on the development of in vitro sensitization assays like the h-CLAT, and a combined ocular irritation testing strategy using the BCOP and the novel PorCORA.
- November 2016 - MB Research Labs attends the 37th Annual American College of Toxicology meeting in Baltimore, MD to present scientific posters on in vitro and alternative toxicology studies developed at MB Research.
- March 2016 - MB Research Labs attends the 55th Anual Society of Toxicology meeting in New Orleans.
- November 2015 - MB Research attends the American College of Toxicology Annual Meeting in Summerlin, Nevada.
- July 2015 - MB Research Labs attended the
Advances in Cell and Tissue Culture Meeting in Tirrenia, Italy. Hosted by Kirkstall and the University of Pisa, this meeting was an interdisciplinary forum for
scientists working in the development, use and regulation of human cells for discovery and therapy.
- June 2015 - MB gives Ocular Irritation talk to US Army, Public Health Command Directorate At the invitation of Dr. Gunda Reddy, Dr. George DeGeorge presented ROBatt: Replacement
Ocular Battery, an integrated testing strategy designed to replace the use of live animals in eye irritation testing, by assigning chemicals to the correct EPA & GHS
categories, ranging from non-irritating to corrosive. Of particular interest was PorCORA, the only non-animal ocular irritation assay able to demonstrate reversibility of
severe corneal damage.
- March 2015 - MB Research Representatives attend the 54th Annual Society of Toxicology meeting in San Diego to present scientific posters on in vitro and alternative toxicology methods.
- February 2015 - MB Research received notification from NIH of intent to fund studies to develop/validate a tiered testing strategy for regulatory classification of ocular irritants.
- October 2014 - MB Research received two Small Business Innovative Resarch grants to develop alternative assays for dermal sensization and photogenotoxicity testing.
- August 2014 - MB Research attends 9th World Congress on Alternatives and Animal Use in Life Sciences, Prague, Hungary.
- March 2014 - MB Research Labs received SOT Colgate Palmolive Grant for Alternative Research to develop in vitro screen assay using 3D tissue models and dendritic cells in a co-culture system.
- March 2013 - Society of Toxicology - MB Research attended the 2013 Annual Meeting where representatives presented scientific poster presentations focused on advancing alternative and in vitro toxicology methods.
- Fall 2012 - American College of Toxicology - MB Research Representatives attended the 2012 Annual Meeting and presented posters on the Replacement Ocular Battery (ROBatt), the In Vitro Sensitization Assay (IVSA) and the Porcine Confocal Assay (PorFocal).
- Spring 2012 - MB Research attended the In Vitro Testing Industrial Platform (IVTIP) meeting in Europe, IVTIP is a coalition of industry leaders that desire to advance the use of in vitro toxicology methods.
- March 2012 - Society of Toxicology - MB Research presented scientific posters on Phototoxicity - a comparison of cell- and tissue-based in vitro models, the Replacement Ocular Battery - ocular irritation using a tiered testing strategy, and PorFocal - Screening assay for ultra low level ocular irritation using confocal microscopy.
- Nov 2011 - American College of Toxicology - MB Research Representatives attended the 2011 Annual Meeting in Arizona to present posters on the Replacement Ocular Battery (ROBatt)
- IVTIP - In Vitro Testing Industrial Platform - MB Research Chief Scientific Officer attended and presented information about the Replacment Ocular Battery (ROBatt) as a possible tiered testing replacemnt for regulatory rabbit eye studies. MB Research is now an IVTIP member.
- 8th World Congress - MB Research Representatives presented posters covering topics such as the Enhanced Local Lymph Node Assay, the Replacement Ocular Battery (See ROBatt), PorFocal and PorCORA.
- March 2011 - MB Research present scientific posters and meet with clients at the 2011 Society of Toxicology Annual Meeting in Washington, D.C.
- September 2010 - MB Research Awarded $1.1M Research Grant for the Development of a Tiered Testing Strategy to Classify Ocular Irritants using Alternative Toxicology Test Methods. (See ROBatt)
- March 2010 - MB Research representatives attend 2010 Annual Meeting of the Society of Toxicology in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- November 2009 - MB Research present scientific posters at the May 2009 - MB Research attend the Society of Cosmetic Chemists Meeting in New Jersey.
- April 2009 - MB Research representative presents information to ICCVAM peer review panel on LLNA methods. The Panel agreed with an ICCVAM proposal to defer a formal recommendation on the validity of the FC-LLNA until an independent audit of all data supporting the analysis has been conducted and until transferability has been demonstrated in an interlaboratory validation study. Click here for a Summay of the Review Panel Meeting.
- March 2009 - MB Research representatives attend 2009 Annual Meeting of the Society of Toxicology in Baltimore, MD. MB Scientists presented 4 posters on alternative toxicology models being developed at MB.
- - A 3D Skin Model for Cosmetic, Chemical and Medical Device Phototoxicity Testing Poster # 218
- Assessment Of Ultraviolet Light- And Chemical-Induced UDS In Various Cell Lines Using Flow Cytometry Poster # 547
- Alternative Porcine Corneal Ocular Reversibility Assay Correlates with Draize Reversibility Data Poster # 160
- PorFocal, For Your Eyes Only! Poster # 201
- February 2009 - MB Research has completed a second year of SOT Colgate Palmolive Grant for Alternative Research to develop PorCORA.
- December 2008 - MB Research applies for SBIR Grant to develop the Replacement Ocular Battery (ROBatt) aimed to replace the Draize Rabbit Eye Test using a tiered testing strategy of existing alternative ocular irritation assays, including the newly developed PorCORA and PorFocal assays.
- November 2008 - MB representatives attend American College of Toxicology Annual Meeting in Tuscon, AZ.
- August 2008 - MB Scientists submit PorCORA data and protocol to ECVAM for consideration for acceptance as an alternative to the Draize Rabbit Eye test for assessing recovery of ocular corneal tissue after exposure to possible irritants and corrosives.
- June 2008 - MB Technicians attend Tri-Branch AALAS meeting in Atlantic City.
- Apr 2008 - MB Research offers GLP Ames Test (Bacterial Reverse Mutation Assay)
- Mar 16-21, 2008 - MB Research representatives attend 47th Annual Meeting of the Society of Toxicology. MB Research sponsors Best Poster: Distinction in Practical In Vitro and Alternative Methods Toxicology.
- Mar 2008 - MB Research receives full accreditation by Association for Assessment and Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care International (AAALAC). MB Research has been continuously accredited by AAALAC for over 33 years.
- Mar 2008 - Chief Scientific Officer attends ICCVAM Peer Review Panel on the Local Lymph Node Assay and non-radioactive methods
- Archived News